Friday, October 9, 2015

Annual Meeting







I just got back from my trip to New York/ annual meeting.
I've posted the album here. <-
You must sign into a private page to view for the privacy of those pictured. 
 To do this you have to have a gmail account and permissions granted from me. I'm not huge into taking pictures but the main highlights are there  



Day 1 (Wed, flew in just getting in) I got in on a Wednesday evening, just as things would go... Carey's car broke down just in time for the annual meeting weekend! :)  So he rolled up in a car that had one headlight.  What he didn't tell me is that he was stopped by the police on his way and let off with a warning.   

It was so nice when I left Minnesota that I almost didn't wear a coat but, my dad tole me to go get my coat and boy was I thankful! It was windy, rainy and COLD! My raincoat soaked through at one point.  

This is the first trip where I utilized public transport alone.  I took a bus, a cab, and the subway.  I felt most comfortable on the bus though

Day 2 (Thursday, tours, bumped into Tiebens, Chinese meeting)  The lobby at the 25 building was SUPER busy.  I went to tour the divine name exhibit and the history exhibit.  I ran into Sara & Tanner Tieben... and Tanners parents Doug and Patty.  Sara & Tanner are serving in Haitian Creole as substitute Circuit Overseers.  I went to Middle school/ High school with Tanner and I Pioneered with Sara.  It's been literally YEARS since I have seen them.  They are still so wonderfully sweet. It was such a treat!  I went to the Chinese meeting, the kingdom hall was by the brooklyn bridge.  Ashley had a talk in Chinese that night ... it was fun visiting her hall, I haven't seen her give a chinese talk even when she was in MN!

Day 3 (Friday, broadcast tour, meet up with Azars) I came back to bethel, and had Lunch with Ashley.  We met up with the Azars our circuit overseers from about 15 years ago.  They left right before I went to pioneer school and as Carey was leaving for bethel. Ashley and Tina were close back then even though she was a young girl (baby) back then! :)  Carey has seen them since but, me and Ashley have not so it was really exciting to see them again.There was a special opportunity for the annual meeting guests to tour the JW broadcast set.  Ashley hadn't toured yet either so my brother, I and the Azars along with friends of the Azars got to tour the broadcast studio together!   I  ran into Alena (Hardy) Garay and her husband.  They were going to be watching the annual meeting in the Stanley Theater (so were the Azars!)  What a privilege!!  I also ran into the Guiyons from summit

Day 4 (Saturday, Annual meeting) So it was all building up to this day!!.  It was great, the best privilege.  I felt like I was the lone heathen that got in but, I was so happy to be there, to hear the governing body speak live and about all the changes and all the new understanding!!  Ashley watched from her room but, I watched with my sister in law Helena, Carey and Ron (helena's friend), in 90 sands.  I also ran into Troy and Amy Enright!

LaterWe went to an open house at a bethelites room on the same floor and later we went out for vietnamese food!

Day 5 (Sunday, meeting at Sumner, met up with friends in the other bethel locations and commuters)
Carey's car was still out of commission so Josh gave us a ride to the hall (thanks!!) Sunday was the first time I went to the Sumner meeting.  They'd recently reorganized congregations and moved people around  which is why it was my first time there.  The hall was SO friendly!  Everyone came and introduced themselves, they also had the C.O visit and he gave an excellent talk ... along with the announcment read to the congregations paraphrasing the changes introduced at the annual meeting.

That evening we took the subway into manhattan headed toward the bronx to meet up with Kenita, Tony, Aquillia, (Keisha.. who couldnt make it).  We had a really nice time and the food was SO good and SO affordable!  So nice to see all my friends doing so well and making large sacrifices all for Jehovah.  Unfortunately I didn't get see Bridget (sick), Raquel (miscommunicated), Baite & Micah (sorry I didn't have time) .   But there will be another time!

Day 6 ( Monday chill day, lunch with ashley, ordered in)  I went had lunch in Ashley's room at towers, and me and Lisa ordered in and talked all evening.  Girls night!

Day 7 I went home!!  Such a good trip!  Ran into SO many people I didn't expect to see!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

♡ ♡ ♡ TO COMMENT WITHOUT A SIGN IN ♡ ♡ ♡
Click on title of the post
select "name/url" from the drop down menu and enter your name and then you will be able to add a comment.

https://sites.google.com/site/breesbuzz